Human Resources Business Partner
Who we are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The human resources business partner will play a key generalist role within the company by acting on all human resources disciplines. More specifically:
- Plan the human resource needs necessary to achieve the company’s objectives;
- Actively participate in recruitment (job description, interviews, selection, etc.)
- Act as an expert advisor for managers in terms of workforce planning, performance, professional development, recognition, etc.
- Act as a resource person for employees;
- Welcome and integrate new employees;
- Mastering best practices, policies and legislation;
- Stay abreast of market trends;
- Set up programs and organize various events to strengthen relationships within the Oneka team;
- Cultivate a culture of respect and inclusion at all levels of the company.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the planet;
- Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience with in-depth knowledge of several disciplines, including compensation, organizational development, employee relations, performance, training, recruitment, etc;
- Organized, detail-oriented person with a good analytical mind;
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual (French and English, written and spoken);
- Assets: member of the CHRP, experience in Canada and United States.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary to be discussed & eligibility to the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- High-growth and changing environment;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- Diversified tasks.
TEMPORARY POSITION – START DATE TO BE DISCUSSED