Mechanical/Industrial Engineer in System Design and Innovation
Who we are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and soon Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The design engineer will be responsible for the design of various components and assemblies of the pumping and desalination systems. This includes structural, hydraulic, mechanical, sealing design, etc. and many other associated challenges. With several design engineers on the team, Oneka aims to leverage everyone’s expertises and strengths.
- Product design (mechanical, structural parts and hydraulic systems);
- Production: selection of suppliers, manufacturing methods;
- Optimization of masses, pressure losses, efficiency, reliability, etc.;
- Get involved in the assembly and manufacture of new parts and systems (Hands-on).
Requirements & desired profile
- Desire to have a real impact on the future of our planet;
- Mechanical/industrial engineer or related;
- Track record in new industrial product development and system designs;
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills;
- Functional French;
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor;
- Skilled with CAD (technical drawing and 3D);
- Possible fields:
- Power hydraulics, PTO;
- Structural optimization;
- Assembly and integration;
- Anchoring, marine operations and systems.
- Assets: knowledge in electronics, marine environment, Fusion 360, Nastran, CFD.
Environment and working conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary to be discussed & eligibility to the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Potential travels to projects’ sites;
- High-growth and changing environment;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- Diversified tasks.
PERMANENT POSITION – START DATE TO BE DISCUSSED