Commissioning Engineer (Field Project Manager)
Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The commissioning engineer will be responsible for ensuring the development and deployment of projects by overseeing various contractors and ensuring the proper installation of production buoys.
- Project development of various sites, mainly subsea pipelines, permitting, environmental and project engineering;
- Develop and manage civil, marine, MEP and logistics contractors;
- Commission production buoy installations;
- Coordinate various complex capital maintenance projects;
- Develop internal best practices and processes for site project management, setting standards.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the future of our planet;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Engineering degree, Mechanical, Civil, Marine preferred;
- Min 5 applied years experience in Marine, Industrial or Energy sectors;
- Self starter, autonomous, enterprising;
- Capacity to dealing with ambiguity and optimize resources;
- Warrior Spirit & Pragmatic Rigor;
- Functional french and/or spanish is a great asset;
- Experience in desalination, marine, water pipelines, hydraulics, renewable energies, water quality, norms and metering.
- Scuba diving accreditation.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Chile;
- Salary & stock options to be discussed;
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Diversified tasks; multicultural environment;
- Focused, goal driven team work;
- Marine operations in small boats.
PERMANENT POSITION – START DATE TO BE DISCUSSED