Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The finance director is responsible for the production and management of internal finances for the company. The main responsibilities are the following but not limited to these:
- Ensure the leadership of the financial and accounting structure;
- Establish budgets based on financial objectives;
- Supervise and organize the financial management of the various projects;
- Manage the execution of the accounting cycle in its entirety;
- Ensure cash flow management;
- Put in place financial practices to achieve the company’s objectives;
- Produce monthly and annual financial reports;
- Participate in funding & grant applications and file claims;
- Prepare project financial forecasts and conduct performance calculations;
- Coordinate year-end work with external auditors and annual documentation of SR&ED credits;
- Ensure the relationship between the company and external organizations (RQ, CRA, CNESST, insurance, legal, etc.);
- Review and maintain internal policies and procedures, controls, documentation, evaluation and recommendations of improvements;
- Act as a chartered accountant.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the planet;
- Enjoy working in an SME context with entrepreneurs;
- Organized, motivated and autonomous;
- Learn quickly and able to handle ambiguity;
- Professional accountant (CPA);
- 4-10 years of relevant experience;
- of SR&ED tax rules;
- of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent spoken and written French and English;
- Assets: Experience in start-up/scale-up, Quickbooks.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary with possible company stock-options;
- Paid group insurance, including dental care;
- Devoted, growing and tightly knit team;
- Fast-paced changing environment.
PERMANENT POSITION – START DATE TO BE DISCUSSED