Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some forty passionate people, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, no day is the same, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Your role as an IT Manager at Oneka
The IT Manager is responsible for the leadership, direction and integration of ERP modules. The IT manager will lead the implementation of new business processes and required ERP configuration while performing day-to-day structuring IT project management tasks, including all phases of the project lifecycle, from project initiation to planning, execution and deployment.
Here’s what your responsibilities at Oneka would look like
- Ensure that IT is a tool for the business;
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can generate new sources of value;
- Manage ERP application vendor(s), developing their skills and capabilities to meet the organization’s needs;
- Manage relationships with key IT suppliers and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the organization’s needs;
- Conduct regular satisfaction surveys with company executives;
- Determine what data is necessary or essential for ongoing projects or processes;
- When necessary, collaborate with the data and electronic simulation team and with management in the analysis of needs in relation to the information to be collected;
- Develop and implement data security control strategies;
- Assist in the creation of automated reports for company management;
- Manage and archive data on a hosting platform;
- Follow-up and report on project progress;
- Participate in interfacing with Oneka Technologies’ various IT tools (external servers, acquisition systems and simulation software);
- Participate in the implementation and improvement of the data management strategy;
- Eventually, manage employees related to the IT department task;
- Perform all other related tasks.
Experience and training required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position;
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in a management role;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Experience in implementing ERP systems;
- Experience with multiple system integrations;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, make decisions and solve problems;
- Strong project management skills and ability to participate in cross-functional teams to achieve objectives;
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, which may require 24/7 incident assistance;
- Advanced french and english (because we work with internationals partners);
- A minimum of two years’ experience in data mining and analysis or in a similar role;
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Proven knowledge of statistics and the use of statistical analysis software (SPSS, SAS, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of server operation and database use;
- Very good command of analysis tools (Python, Julia, Matlab);
- Strong organizational and data processing skills;
- Strong project management, priority management and planning skills;
- Write reports and present results;
- Excellent ability to analyze, collect, organize and synthesize information;
- Organized work methodology;
- Ability to document, popularize and communicate information;
- Ability to interface with different computer systems;
- Ability to determine the needs of collaborators and users;
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Vigilance and versatility;
- Sense of responsibility and positivity;
- Energetic and motivated to work in a developing company and in an SME context;
- Adaptability to working in a dynamic and changing environment.
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment
- Office based in Sherbrooke;
- Dedicated, hard-working and passionate team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different!
- Opportunity for rapid growth;
- Four weeks vacation starting;
- Flexible 40-hour week with office hours from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m;
- Friday telecommuting option;
- Stock option program;
- Salary based on experience starting at $85,000;
- Full group insurance program paid 100% by Oneka.