Lead Desalination Plant Operator
Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and in Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The lead desalination plant operator will be in charge of the day-to-day maintenance and operation of Oneka’s wave powered desalination plants. The lead operator will oversee local operations team responsible for maintaining, repairing, and operating ocean based wave powered desalination units.
- Undertake reverse osmosis plant maintenance and operation including CIP;
- Train, support and oversee local team EHS;
- Assist VP of Operations with permitting and local client relationship;
- Track and order consumables, parts, supplies and tools as needed to keep plants operating 24/7;
- Be responsible for local workshop, marine and land vehicles;
- Track local purchases.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the future of our planet;
- Proven track record in operating and maintaining water treatment and/or desalination systems, O&G or in other connected fields;
- Proven team leader;
- Experience in with pumps, motor, rotating equipment, sensors;
- Good communication and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated swimming efficiency a must;
- Experienced certified, safe watercraft experience a plus;
- Experience running RO projection and data normalization programs a plus;
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor;
- Assets: French/Spanish speaking (depending on locations), marine/ocean, cleantech and/or instrumentation experience, MOC certification.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada and/or Fort Pierce, FL, USA
- Salary with possible company stock-options;
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Open to travel occasionally to project sites;
- Open to work frequently on the water;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- High growth and changing environment;
- Diversified tasks.