Who we are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The system operator will be responsible for managing the various maintenance activities within the building and ensuring some repairs and the effective functioning of our buoy parks. More specifically :
- Carrying out boat operations at sea for the installation and de-installations of buoys;
- Ensure preventive maintenance and repairs of buoys at sea;
- Planning and perform the maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipments, systems, tools;
- Undertake renovations and improve the efficiency of work zones;
- Communicating potential improvements and changes to the engineering team.
Requirements & desired profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the future of our planet;
- Do-it-yourselfer, technician or person who is good with his/her hands;
- Good communication and problem-solving skills;
- Enterprising and autonomous person;
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor;
- Boat captain, diver
- Technical skills in marine operations, hydraulics, water treatment, desalination
- Field experience for renewable energy projects or cleantech industrial systems
- French speaking.
Environment and working conditions
- Based in Chile;
- Salary with possible company stock-options;
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- High growth and changing environment;
- In-house training; diversified tasks.
PERMANENT POSITION – START DATE TO BE DISCUSSED