Want to change the world in your own way? Would you like to join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water for people all over the world? This job opportunity is for you : Oneka’s looking for experienced Mechanical Draftman to contribuate to achieve our biggest ambitions ! Join the advendure !
Who we are
Onea Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Nova Scotia, Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some fifty enthusiasts, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, daily life is varied and exciting, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you
We are looking for a true passionate to join the innovation team as a Desalination Engineer ! Daily, you will help the team with your technical knowledge in desalination to assure a quality product and contact innovation to our methods.
Your duties and responsabilities as a Desalisation Engineer at Oneka :
- Support the design, engineering and analysis of pretreatment and reverse osmosis (RO) systems;
- Develop and review process and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and process flow diagrams (PFDs);
- Develop and review control narratives and philosophies in coordination with Instruments & Controls (I&C) Engineer;
- Technical writing of system documentation such as specifications and operations and maintenance (O&M) manuals;
- Lead and participate in hazard and operability studies (HAZOPs);
- Develop factory acceptance test (FAT) plans;
- Support Engineering during detailed design/engineering, specification, procurement and construction of systems;
- Assist Field Engineering group and Instruments & Controls (I&C) Engineer in conducting vendor FAT’s;
- Assist Field Engineering group and I&C Engineer in system commissioning;
- Evaluate performance data during piloting, commissioning and operation/maintenance phases of Projects and assist with troubleshooting in collaboration with Gradiant Operations;
- Stay abreast of best practices and industry trends;
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements;
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned according to the company needs and ambitions !
You are a fit at Oneka if you have :
- The desire to have a lasting impact on the future of our planet;
- Proven track record in designing and deploying water treatment and/or desalination systems; or in other connex fields (Pharma, Food, Oil & Gas, Specialty chemicals, etc.);
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in Process Engineering in the water industry;
- Previous experience in areas such as designing and implementing physicochemical separations processes, including precipitation reactors, clarifiers, filter presses, ion exchange and filtration;
- Previous experience with membrane filtration and reverse osmosis systems;
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities;
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented as personal skills.
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment :
- Office based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, in the company of passionate people;
- Dedicated, hard-working and dynamic team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different, and where responsibilities are many and varied;
- Group insurance paid 100% by Oneka, for you and your family;
- Four weeks’ vacation per year, so you can enjoy the things you love outside work;
- Eligibility for the team member stock option program.
Up for the challenge ? We can’t wait to meet you and tell you all about our project and our ambitions!