Mechanical Engineer in Digital Simulation
Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The simulation engineer will be responsible for the structural optimization of our components with the aim of reducing overall mass. This includes the structure of the buoys and anchors, the floats as well as the hydraulic components designed internally. The position includes several elements such as:
- Acting as a resource person for the design team for the predictive calculation;
- Designing the product for commercialization (mechanical and structural parts, hydraulic systems);
- Optimizing masses, pressure drops, efficiency, reliability, etc.;
- Getting involved in the assembly and manufacturing of new parts and systems (Hands-on).
With several engineers in the team, Oneka aims to leverage everyone’s expertise and strengths.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a real impact on the future of our planet;
- Advanced knowledge of a simulation tool (Nastran, Ansys, …)
- Roadmap in the development of industrial products and systems design;
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills;
- Functional French;
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor;
- Skilled with CAD (technical drawing and 3D);
- Assets: knowledge of electronics, marine environment, Fusion 360, programming (Python, C, C++, C#).
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary to be discussed & eligibility to the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Occasional travel to project sites;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- High-growth and changing environment;
- Diversified tasks.
PERMANENT POSITION – START DATE TO BE DISCUSSED