Senior Simulation Engineer
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing company based in Sherbrooke, with operations in Florida and Chile, whose mission is to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water.
On a daily basis, Oneka is a team of forty passionate people working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management, and water desalination. With us, no day is the same, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team that has it all? This is your place!
Our professional environment and your future employment conditions :
- Office based in Sherbrooke or Halifax, depending on your situation;
- Dedicated, hard-working and passionate team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different!
- Eligible for the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- 100% paid group insurance through Oneka, including dental;
- 4 weeks of paid holiday upon starting;
- Rapid growth: multiple challenges and development opportunities!
Your role as a Senior Simulation Engineer
As a Senior Simulation Engineer, you will be responsible for guiding your team towards achieving their goals. Composed of professionals in simulation, desalination, modelling and electronics, this team is responsible for data acquisition on our buoys, an essential component of our products.
More specifically, here is a summary of your responsibilities at Oneka:
- Plan, assign and coordinate the activities and tasks of the simulation and electronics teams;
- Plan, manage and execute the design of virtual twins of Oneka systems and subsystems;
- Identify and establish strategic analysis and data management objectives;
- Update data modelling and management systems;
- Identify and plan activities and ensure deadlines are met;
- Play an active role in anticipating and mitigating obstacles to the achievement of objectives;
- Act as the main point of contact between operational managers and the modelling and electronics teams.
You have a strong technical background in numerical, hydrodynamic, hydraulic and mechanical models. You are also an excellent leader who easily mobilises and guides his or her team towards the achievement of ambitious objectives, while ensuring their professional development. You have a good command of both the technical and team management aspects of the job, and that’s what you’re looking for in your future job: the opportunity to lead a team, while remaining involved in engineering and simulation on a daily basis.
The technical elements we are looking for in our future senior simulation engineer:
- An engineering degree in numerical simulation, mechanics, continuum mechanics, offshore structure modelling, or a complementary field;
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics, mechanical modelling, general mechanical engineering and hydrodynamics (an asset);
- Strong experience with mechanical and hydraulic system modelling and fluid mechanics;
- A strong understanding of computer-based time domain simulation;
- A good knowledge of programming (python and matlab, a great asset);
- Comfortable with the physical phenomena involved in simulations, theory investigation and analysis, with the aim of making assumptions to simplify the modelling processes;
- Familiarity with mechanisms;
- Significant experience in the following areas will also be considered: marine, power transfer, hydraulics, pumps, automotive, aeronautics.
Qualities and skills required:
- Strong experience in managing a multidisciplinary team and in setting and achieving objectives;
- The ability to make decisions with the required precision and pragmatism;
- Strong analytical, reflective, precise and methodical skills;
- A strong ability to organise information;
- Recognised communication and team-building skills;
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset, or unilingual English.
Want to join the adventure? Send us your application now!