Simulation and Modeling Specialist
Want to change the world in your own way? Would you like to join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water? This job is for you!
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some forty passionate people, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, no day is the same, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment :
- Office based in Sherbrooke or Halifax, depending on your situation;
- Dedicated, hard-working and passionate team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different!
- Eligible for the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Group insurance paid 100% by Oneka, including dental care;
- 4 weeks paid vacation when you start;
- Rapid growth: multiple challenges and development opportunities!
Your role as a Simulation and Modeling Specialist
At Oneka, the simulation team develops numerical models and hydraulic systems to optimize buoy performance and sizing, with the aim of reducing design and testing costs, and adapting our product to the marine environment. Their mission is to find the best mooring configuration and optimal hydraulic system sizing for our buoys, making them a reliable system that provides communities with affordable and sustainable access to drinking water.
As a simulation and modeling specialist, you will be responsible for providing our team with modeling and simulation data for a variety of situations our buoys may face. You will collaborate with all product development teams, and bring your expertise to bear on the design of our innovative solutions!
More specifically, here’s a summary of your responsibilities at Oneka:
- Carry out product and prototype testing, in particular on hydrodynamics and the numerical model of the system;
- Optimize the design and improve the cost of the product thanks to a better interaction between the waves and its shape;
- Design and adapt mooring and anchoring structures;
- Design virtual twins of Oneka systems and subsystems;
- Update modeling and data management systems;;
- Collect data from prototypes, units and bench tests;
- Analyze data and provide recommendations.
Technical elements we are looking for in our future Simulation and Modeling Specialist :
- A master’s degree in numerical simulation, mechanics, continuum mechanics, offshore structural modeling, or a complementary field;
- Significant experience with mechanical and hydraulic system modeling and fluid mechanics;
- Solid knowledge of programming languages such as Matlab/Octave, as well as notions of Python/C++;
- These other assets :
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics, mechanical modeling, mechanical engineering in general and hydrodynamics;
- Experience with software such as ANSYS Aqwa/WEC-SIM for hydrodynamic analysis;
- Experience in using software such as ProteusDS or Orcaflex for dynamic analysis of offshore system moorings;
- Significant experience in the following fields will also be considered: marine, energy transfer, hydraulic systems, pumps, automotive mechanisms, aeronautics.
Desired qualities and aptitudes :
- The ability to make decisions with the required precision and pragmatism;
- A strong sense of analysis, reflection, precision and method;
- A strong ability to organize information;
- Algorithmic thinking and the ability to model physical systems mathematically.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset, or unilingual English.
Want to get in on the action? Send us your application now!