Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and in Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The acquisition of various parameters of offshore buoys is critical to improve their reliability and efficiency in producing drinking water. To do this, Oneka develops connected acquisition systems (Internet of Things) to measure various parameters (pressures, actuator position, wave measurement, battery management, desalinated water), predict failures, and trigger actions (osmosis membrane cleaning) from a web interface.
- Develop new functionalities to the web application (front-end, back-end);
- Develop new functionalities for the firmware of the acquisition systems;
- Develop unit tests and integration tests;
- Reflect on future software requirements for Oneka customers and the engineering team.
- Assist the team in the commissioning of the buoys and debugging of issues.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have an impact on the future of the planet;
- Great autonomy and initiative;
- Good familiarity with Linux systems;
- Embedded software development,
- development on Linux (ex: Raspberry PI);
- server development (NodeJS, MongoDB, InfluxDB, VueJS, etc.);
- Manual skills (soldering, connectors).
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary to be discussed & eligibility to the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Potential travels to project sites;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- High-growth and changing environment;
- Diversified tasks.