VP Field Operations
Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and in Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The VP of Field Operations will be in charge of oversight of Oneka’s wave-powered desalination operations. Local operations managers, field engineers, operations technicians, mechanics and speciality trades persons will report to the VP or Field Operations.
- Site planning, permitting, installation, commissioning and long-term operations and maintenance;
- Owner of the operations teams EHS planning, training and implementation;
- Local employee training, recruiting and retention;
- Interaction with client technical teams;
- Oversight of local workshops, land and sea vehicles;
- Involvement in applying for permits and maintaining company compliance.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the future of our planet;
- Proven track record in managing multi-location, mission-critical teams/operations of water treatment and/or desalination systems, O&G or in other related fields;
- Chemical/mechanical/industrial engineer or related;
- Experience in permitting, installation, commissioning, operating, maintaining, process plants;
- Comfortable in marine environments;
- Experienced in preventive maintenance program preparation and implementation;
- Experience with EHS training and implementation;
- Good management, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Commitment, empathy, creativity and rigor;
- Assets: French and/or Spanish speaking, certified or trained in HAZOP, experience watercraft operator, marine, ocean, cleantech and/or instrumentation experience.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based near an operating plant or in a location in close proximity to a major international airport;
- Salary with possible company stock-options;
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- More than 50% of travel;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- High growth and changing environment;
- Diversified tasks.